Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My second wife and I have seperated,her solicitor has now put

My second wife and I have seperated,her solicitor has now put her name on the land registry for my property,without my permission.She is from The Gambia but now has citizen ship,we have two children 8&5 .She has never contributed to the running or upkeep of the house,Can I get her name removed
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you please confirm that your property is in the UK?

If so, Deeds can not be changed unless the current owner signs the necessary Land Registry form. Could you clarify how your wife's Solicitor has added her name to your Deeds?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My property is in Lincoln uk.I am un unaware how this was done ,I recieved a letter from the land registry stating that her name was now on the title deeds,I also own a small property in The Gambia but am taking legal advice there.Is there any durastriction in the uk concerning the Gambia

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I really can't understand how the Land Registry have registered your wife on your Deeds without your consent. I suggest you give them a call to discuss, because you could set aside any such Transfer.

Your wife's Solicitor could possibly have registered a Home Rights Notice on your property, which is basically to prevent you from selling until the financial aspect of your divorce has been sorted out, but this does not entail your wife as being a joint owner of the property.

As regards XXXXX XXXXX property, you and your wife can agree within any divorce proceedings as to what is to happen to this property, although you would of course need to sort out the paperwork with a Gambian lawyer.

Please let me know if you require further clarification concerning your UK property.

Kind Regards
AL