12826847

Had a loan against my house couldnt keep up the payments and

Had a loan against my house couldn't keep up the payments and went to court were the judge set a monthly payment which I have payed with out missing one payment. And I rang black horse for a settlement figure and they have sold my loan to dlc so I rang them for a settlement figure and they said I cant have a settlement and I got to pay the full amount I do not know wat to do for the best

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To know why they wont give a settlement on the account. They said had to pay full amount

Thanks for the information.

They don't have to offer a settlement figure I'm afraid. Its a matter for them entirely. Generally speaking companies will do so because they would prefer to have the money up front than payments in instalment but there is no legal duty to do so.

If you submit a request in writing then it might get through to the correct department and they might consider the matter. You often get refusals over the phone but they will comply if the request is in writing although there is no obligation to do so.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.