12826847

i have sold some antiques to a friend whilst helping her furnish

Customer Question

i have sold some antiques to a friend whilst helping her furnish an appartment they had them valued and they now say they were over charged and are demanding I pay them back the difference in what they paid and the valuation or they will have them delivered back to me the painting were from my home which I broke up after the death of my husband we had the paintings for over 40 years and I put a price on them which I felt that unless I achieved this price I would keep them,I was asked to let them have first refusal, which I did and they choose what they wanted, and paid. since this matter started they have not paid me for goods which they have had and say they will take the amount off what they say I owe them. they are threating legal action can you please advise me as to where I stand on the matter if I go to court many Thanks
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Did you have any written or oral agreement with this person?