12826847

uk civil law hi can any one please tell me i had falsified

Customer Question

uk civil law hi can any one please tell me i had falsified conviction entered on to the pnc would the convicting constabulary for the errors even though the records where passed to another department for back record conversion who would be ultimately responsible for the records

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have started prceedings against a police force who for the best part have falsified the pnc they have said that they are not responsible as these records where given to nis for back record conversion and according to the police force who gave them the records say the nis is responsible

Who do you mean when you refer to the NIS?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

national identification service

What does this have to do with them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

apparently they was given the records for the back record conversion to put them onto the police nation computer

Ok.

But how did that become a falsified record?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well obviously convictions where put on there that I was not ever convicted of

But that would be done by the court or the police?

Have you got the memorandum of conviction?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

memorandum of conviction or certificate of conviction

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what is the memorandum ?

Well usually its a memorandum of conviction but if somebody has used the term certificate to you then it probably refers to the same thing.

is this just a conviction that you know nothing about or were you in court on that day on other matters?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have a certificate of conviction it states what I was convicted of and not the falsified entries

Ok.

The falsified entries, were you in court on those days but convicted of different offences?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was in court once im not a career criminal when I was in prison the no of convictions came up on the induction to asses for a move to a relevant catorgary prison they had been doubled

Sorry?

I'm not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when you first get sent to prison you are taken straight to a b category prison high security it was while on this induction to see what category prisoner I would be that the no of convictions that I was convicted for and it had been doubled

so, your PNC is showing 2 offences when there should be only one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

10 instead of 5

Thanks for the information.

In short, this is down to the police. The National identification service are just a department of the police.

The fact that the admin for this type of thing has been contracted out to them does not mean that the police are any less responsible for their failings.

However, I would not go so far as to say that they have falsified these records. It's just a mistake and that's how this needs to be put.

You can always add the National identification service to your claim as a 2nd defendants and let the 2 fight the matter between them. However, the police are responsible for the conduct of their agents and there is no defence in saying that another organisation is responsible if they act at the direction of the police.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.