13262538

I own a 25% share in a property as Tenancy in Common after

I own a 25% share in a property as Tenancy in Common after my father passed away.
His partner still lived in the house until she passed away in November 2013 she owned the other 75%. She died without leaving a will so at the moment her daughters are in the process of sorting out probate and of course they will then own 75%.
The property is vacant at the moment and I am wanting to enter the property to collect sentimental items belonging to my father, however her daughter is the only one with a key and when we try to arrange to meet there, she keeps saying it's not convenient. I have asked her for a spare key but she is refusing saying she does not want me to go there without her. Do I have a right to enter the property legally without her
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you.
As a joint owner of the property you have the right to go there whenever you wish.
If need be you can take a locksmith and change the locks - provided you give a key to the Administrator s of the Estate.
I suggest that you write with a deadline and say that unless the deadline is met you will indeed attend with a locksmith and effect entry - as you are fully entitled to do
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, that's all I needed to hear and more.

You are most welcome