UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

When leaving a well known store on its travelator my wife was

Customer Question

When leaving a well known store on its travelator my wife was run into by one of the store's kiddi car shopping buggy (with child inside) which had got away from the child's mother at the top of the travelator - the buggy ran out of control with the child inside down approx 20 - 30 metres of an incline.
I have taken photos and submitted a 7 page report to the store (their own staff didn't even report the accident) demonstrating they are liable as the buggy is not designed to be used on the travelator (i.e. wheels have no locking mechanisims as trollies do) and there is no signage prohibitting the use of these particular buggies on the travelator. Needless to say they have advised there is signage (I have photographs to the contrary) and refuse to accept responsibility - as far as I can see they have not assessed these buggies and by introducing them to the store they have put its customers at risk and by these very actions they have accepted responsibility / liability. Is this worth pursuing?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, this is definitely worth pursuing as they will have public liability insurance to cover such types of incidents and claims.

I would suggest that you get in touch with the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and appoint a specialist personal injury lawyer to take your wife's claim on a no win no fee basis: www.apil.org.uk

Hope this helps