75100385

I missed a ground rent payment which is payable in advance

Customer Question

I missed a ground rent payment which is payable in advance of ground rent received.

The payment due was for £75 and should have been paid by the the end of December.

I have been away from the UK so missed the demand. Because I was late, I receive a late payment charge of £50, an admin fee of £100 and a legal collection fee of £100...in all, I had to pay £325 for being late on something I pay for in advance (and which am still to receive benefit) which originally cost £75...Is that legal?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Does your lease allow them to charge it?