75100385

I have a problem with BCW GROUP [debt collection company] I

I have a problem with BCW GROUP [debt collection company] I had bad debt with provident home credit in 2009, could not pay and they sold the debt to BCW GROUP in 2010 1 of the 2 have put a default on my credit record without due process.

Please can you advice me.

William adair

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What process have they not followed please?
Customer:

BCW group first admitted they defaulted me and now they are blaming Provident, they said they bought the debt from provident and they transferred the default to there name? can they do that, if so they must have all the details of the default and the date that it was issued and if it was transferred it should say so on the default.

Customer:

I complained to both parties that the default was given without due process, that I was never warned at all and no party will produce any letter and date of sending the 28 day warning of possible default and I am trying to get the default removed.

Customer:

I am paying this debt off but I do not like what they have done with the default I should have had warning and I no they have not went by the law.

Customer:

Sorry but I do not seem to see any answers to any of my questions?

Alex Watts : Have you ever had a default notice in relation to this debt please?
Customer:

No I did not receive any due process no warning.

Alex Watts : What you can do is write and ask them to remove the default or you will seek a court order.
Alex Watts : If they refuse then you can do 2 things
Alex Watts : 1) Complain to the Information Commissioner
Alex Watts : They are independent and can investigate your complaint and recommend they remove the deault
Alex Watts : default
Alex Watts : 2) Take them to court.
Alex Watts : You can seek an order under section 14 of the Data Protection Act that they delete, rectify or destroy incorrect data about you.
Alex Watts : Therefore you can ask the court to order they remove it.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

No... thanks for the help.

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/