UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My landlord is expecting me to live in house with all the walls

Customer Question

My landlord is expecting me to live in house with all the walls being removed of plaster and then re plastered using lime plaster. Takes 3 layers with 1 month drying time between layers.in hall,kitchen and stairway in March. The heart of the house. Not offering alternative accommodation and has been sent hospital report says no building work until May due to my impaired lung function. Horrendous dust and damp.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes there is a Heath and safety issue here for you and I would advise you to speak to your local authority's Environmental Health section as they have the power to force your landlord into doing something for you.

You may seek alternative accommodation yourself if your landlord is not able to provide the same for you and you should not have to pay rent to your landlord whilst the house is being replastered.

Hope this helps