12826847

Hi my home was raided for a firearms warrant. No firearms where

Customer Question

Hi my home was raided for a firearms warrant. No firearms where found but there where 42 very immature cannabis plants fount not yet potted. And equipment. I was charged with production. I've received the cps case papers and the forensic scientist states he cannot identify the plants as cannabis due to degradation. But they have the visual appearance on the photos. However so do Japanese maple plants and about 9 other species. I even said in interview I don't know if they where real cannabis plants. Do I have a defence ? Thanks in advance Steven

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Have they dropped the case against you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it's up for plea in April. I'm wondering wether or not I should go not guilty as there is only speculative evidence that it actually is cannabis.
And you are still charged with cultivating of cannabis?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes production of cannabis I am to appear at the crown court in April. I can't help thinking that the prosecution has no real case.

I tend to agree on the facts that you present here. Obviously its one of those cases that looks a bit suspicious and they will believe that you are guilty. But if their own expert says he cannot say that the plants were cannabis then I don't know how they expect to make the jury sure.

This does depend on that being their only evidence obviously. If its gone off to a forensic lab and they have identified it as cannabis then they could rely on that but then you could call the expert who says that he cannot be sure and that will cast doubt over the whole thing.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you I feel a lot better about my decision now
No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/