13262538

My husband and I have separated and he moved out about a month

My husband and I have separated and he moved out about a month ago. I am unclear how I stand on the mortgage, its in joints names he doesn't want to pay it as he's no longer living in the house, but the mortgage company wont sign it over solely to me as I don't own enough a year. we have two children so don't want to move as its close to school and my work unsure what else I can do?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

think the house would be worth between 130/140 thousand not sure but seem to think he re mortgaged a few years ago and there's 90 thousand.my income is 12 thousand plus additional working tax credits a year he's about 26 thousand a year, the children are 10 and 6, no other assets.

Is the house owned in joint names?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes were both on the mortgage.

What money is your ex paying you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

none

Your ex cannot force you to remortgage or sell the property until your youngest child is 18 (unless you cohabit in the mean time)
When the house is sold I would expect you to receive at least 60% of the equity
In the mean time he should be paying Child Maintenance at roughly 16% of his GROSS income
You should try and discuss matters with him using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) to arrange the details
If not then you will have to apply to CMEC (the new CSA)
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you ,he pays the full mortgage amount each month at the moment and still has a key to the property do I need to be contributing to the mortgage now he's no longer living in the property and can I change the locks or request he gives the keys back.

How much is the mortgage payment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the monthly payment is currently £445.36

So long as he is paying the mortgage that will stand instead of maintenance
I am afraid that he is entitled to retain a key until the final negotiations have been concluded
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry last question, I am worried that when he realises he still has to pay the mortgage he might turn round and say that he'll move back in, would I have to let this happen?

Unless he is violent you may have to do so for a short while until the financial side of the divorce is sorted.
However you could suggest that he pays you child maintenance instead and you take over the mortgage