Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

we made an investment in 2007 and we have lost all our money

Customer Question

we made an investment in 2007 and we have lost all our money now. We were given the incorrect advise and the investment was not explained correctly to us it was not beneficial for our situation, it was all rushed and were never told of any risks at all as we were not in a position to loose soooo much money, can you advice me if i can sue for incorrect advise? and where to go
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

Investment advice is no different to any other services. If you have paid for the advice then there is an expectation under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 that it is provided with reasonable care and skill. Breaching this and you have a claim under contractual principles for any naturally occurring losses.

That said if you were mis sold a product then you may have a claim to the Financial Ombudsmans or the Financial Conduct Authority. I would make the complaint quickly though because this happended more than 6 years ago depending on timings you could become stature barred.

The Financial Ombudsman services is here www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/‎
This would be a good place to start a complaint.

I look forward to hearing from you.

AJ