75100385

Hello I have a question about business at home. I wanted to

Hello I have a question about business at home. I wanted to open a small business in my own house. Rather decided together with my wife it would be better if we buy a bigger house on the main street to live on top and at the bottom to run a business. If there will be any problems with this project at a later time whether British law allows such maneuvers? Thank you and please reply with best regards Peter

Alex Watts : Hello Peter my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Why type of business is it please?
Customer:

Any business just want to know if i can open up

Alex Watts : It depends. You are likely to need planning permission.
Alex Watts : This is because if you were working from home and say used one room for work, such as a chriopractor, this is likely to be ok.
Alex Watts : But if in effect you are splitting floors by living in the top part and running a business in the second you will need planning permission.
Alex Watts : So yes you can do this but need planning permission from your local council.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

thank you.