12826847

I was caught by police driving my company van only with a provisional

Customer Question

I was caught by police driving my company van only with a provisional licence ,what is gonna happened because i just past my theory test last week

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

They will probably summons you for having no licence and no insurance. Even if you did have insurance it will be invalidated by the absence of a licence.

The no insurance carries 6 points or a short ban and a fine.

The no licence carries 3 but they will run concurrently so only 6 will be active on your licence.

That will not lead to revocation when you take your test though because you got these points before you passed but it will rack up your insurance premiums.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So i worth it to carry on taking the driving test ass well
Yes, you won't lose your licence unless the court bans you and that will be for a short time.

But it will rack up insurance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much and if you are kind to answer me one more question,have any ideas how long could be the ban and how much do i look to get fined
What is your rough weekly income?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
350£
Its probably going to be about £300 - £400 roughly plus cost of £85.

The ban, if imposed, is probably going to be about 28 days.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi i ask you couple months ago about a traffic offence that i committed which was diving my company van with a provisional licence,i was stopped by police but since then i haven't receive any letter from court at all,and I've got a full licence now..do you know what is happening regarding that offence,I'm i got away with that????