I had central heating installed in 2011 paid it in full with

Customer Question

I had central heating installed in 2011 paid it in full with the exception of 252.00 because I was disputing the mess left at my property by the engineer,.

wood flooring ruined, gaps more than an inch or more wide in the floor boards in all bedrooms and bathroom /landing and when you walk over the floor (even with underlay and new carpet you can still feel the gaps under foot. I have a whole file of things that were wrong

We have never had a phone call from Northern Gas Heating in two years chasing the outstanding amount and out of the blue today I receive a letter stating I have 7 days in which to settle the amount owing or they will take us to court.

i was led to believe by someone at northern gas heating, that the 252 would be written off as compensation. I believe NGH actually owe me money. The only reason I have not been able to pursue the issue is because in may 2012 my husband suffered a Haemorrhage stroke. all other issue I had going on in my life at that time were put on hold as at one point we did not know if he was going to live. a my husband spent 5 months in hospital before finally coming home in October 2012 . He is severely disabled and has some brain damage and a number of Knock on effects and illness he suffered a heart attack last January and had to have a pacemaker and defibrillator fitted as he is too ill to undergo a bypass operation.

after calling NGH heating and speaking with Amer Ali ( who originally was dealing with my complaint along side a lady called Kayleigh Jones).

i am so stressed with the situation with my husband and his illness i work full time to keep a roof over our heads because benefits are limited because we own our own house and i work. i just do not have 252.00 spare to give over to someone who was shouting at me and it felt like bullying. he was not sympathetic or of any help. and he said he would get back to me next week with a decision what he is going to do.

what can i do?

Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this. What would you like to achieve?

JACUSTOMER-p2wmdtrd- :

I would like them to admit their mistakes in the instillation of the central heating and the damage and mess created the attempt they made at repairing the ceiling in the airing cupboard and my kitchen was a joke. not to mention the damage to the flooring that they refused to make good despite an inspection carried out by NGH where by a surveyor actually was shocked at the state of the flooring gaps so large you could see the pipes incorrect piping installed gas pipe not connected/ sealed correctly and caused a gas leak. but complaints fell on deaf ears they kept sprouting we don't repair. its in your T&C I asked \Mr Ali if he had been able to read the T & C because they were so small that your needed a magnifying gas to be able to see the text he replied no he had not read them.

I have converted this to Q and A as I couldn't see your responses in chat.

I will read over it now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what can I do I am besides my self with worry in case the take me to court or worse send in the bailiffs, I just do not have any spare cash and they.

I am at my wits end with worry

What was the actual financial loss to you of the damage to your property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no idea of the loss to me, the boiler has had to have plumbers in to release the pressure on several occasions at 50.00 plus vat per visit (it in the loft).

the wooden flooring on my landing was really good quality and cost was over 300.00. plus 200 to fit it (standard fitting charge ) this was taken up with such brut force that the grooves were damaged so much we were unable to relay it,.

the actual flooring in the bedrooms and bathroom had such large gaps it would need to be replaced if I was to sell my home. I

I have had to purchase new carpet for the landing and stairs. as the workmen had ruined my stair carpet with ground in dirt, even cleaning professionally would not remove the ground in stains caused by the workmen, they did not use dust sheets . I have so many pictures of the mess and the damage caused. I am just concerned that they will take this to court. I can not afford any more stress.

Whats the relevance of £252? Where did that figure come from if it doesn't represent the loss?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was the balance of the total amount 4252... I had already paid them 4000 and I was advised in a verbal conversation I believe it was with Mr Ali, but during our conversation today, he is deigning having said he would credit the 252 by way of compensation. then two years later he sends me a letter demanding the 252 to be paid in full within 7 days.

as I have already stated I could not follow up my claim for damages due to my husbands stroke.

Yes, I understand that but how was the figure arrived at?

You don't seem to be saying that you suffered any financial loss or not one that can be releated to that figure?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a bit of an emergency her at the moment can I get back to you

Yes, no problem.

I will be here.