29905560

My partner gave her 13 week notice on Friday 14th February

Customer Question

My partner gave her 13 week notice on Friday 14th February and was subjected to being escorted by security off the premise stating she was being put on gardening leave. On the 18th she received her letter confirming this and stating that she was not to work, contact employees or external customers/suppliers. Then today, 21st, she received a recorded delivery letter stating that she must return to work on Monday 24th February...she is totally stressed by the whole episode as she originally stated when handing her notice period in that she was happy to work it only to get the response 'we will kick you off site'.

She declined to tell the employer whom she will be working for (new employer) but can they do this turn around legally from a ethical perspective?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

What would she actually like to achieve in this case?