75100385

I had a personal injure claim settled last year,but since then

I had a personal injure claim settled last year,but since then the solicitors who handeled my case have wrote to me to inform me that whilst carrying out an audit they have noted that in my case file I was not given the full details of the claim,was miss advised and the cut off date I was given about the offer would be withdrawn if not excepted was not correct and they had no record of this.

Do I have a possible case against this company?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you receive compensation please?
Customer: Yes I received £15'000 on the advice I was given at the time,but the auditor has noted that I was not advised or informed of the possible outcome,the date of the 03/06/2013 was given to me to make a desist ion or the offer would be withdrawn, there was no record of this,
Customer: i can e-mail the letter I revived if you would like to have it
Alex Watts : But this didn't affect your settlement in any way?
Customer: They have stated that the settlement figure would have been higher if I was given the correct advise and not given an incorrect cut off date
Alex Watts : Ok.
Customer: I' feel that I was given the incorrect advice and the claim was miss reprinted
Alex Watts : In that case you may have a claim and this would the difference against what you did receive and what you should have received.
Alex Watts : So yes you do have a claim
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: I have written to them as the legal ombudsman advises before any further action is taken, will they want to settle before legal action is taken and what would your advice be on my future actions
Alex Watts : Yes.
Alex Watts : If they do not settle you can see another solciotor about bringing a claim against them,.
Alex Watts : But that should not be needed.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer: Yes thank you
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: If need would I be able to ask you to represent me