13262538

My partner recently died - we jointly owned the house. He left

My partner recently died - we jointly owned the house. He left a will listings various items which he wanted to go to his daughter and 2 grand daughter. This has all been done and I have just paid my solicitor fees for changing the deeds to my name only and I've had to cahange my will. This has also been done. BUT my question is that we had a joint bank account and my solicitor has said that, because it was joint, it was not part of my partners estate and therefore the contents remain with me. Is this correct. when he died, the account had very little money and our joint monthly income was our 2 OAP pensions and a small annuity for me of £251 a month.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I am sorry for your loss
Please do not worry - what you have been told is correct - the joint account did indeed pass to you automatically and all you need to do is to show the bank a copy of the Death Certificate and it will transferred into your sole name
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Clare,

thank you for your offer but I don't need it.

I was very grateful to your prompt reply to my query - the answer I already knew, I just wanted to double check.

I'm now nearly 80 years old and on a very reduced - if I ever need you help, of course I will contact you.

In the meantime, could you please ask who is ever responsible, not to keep sending queries about the service I've received - I've answered it now many times.I'm assuming that the £22 fee has been charged to my debit card, thank you, Gillian.K.

Hi Gillian
I am sorry - I shall ask Customer Services to deal with this