Hi, Recently, after a bitter break up with my ex gf, she

Customer Question

Recently, after a bitter break up with my ex gf, she called the police and claimed stalking. even though i did not agree with it, and it was spiteful attempt to get back at me, i accepted a police caution.

However i do not know what this means for my record. How long will it stay on their, and will it effect employment opportunities?

ccan anyone help

can i get it removed, im so confused, i have never been in trouble before. i am 29

thank you

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Unfortunately it will remain on your enhanced checked CRB for five and a half years now unless you have any other convictions and then it will remain forever.

It is spent immediately so it will drop off basic checking immediately.

I am sorry but you cannot get it removed. Cautions have to be accepted by the suspect so its like a guilty plea. You would only be appealing against yourself. All that can be done is that you can judicially review the decision to offer a caution but there is no point as its expensive and there will be no grounds.

For the future, there are three lessons you need to remember.

1 Try to avoid, if possible, women who make allegations of abuse when they can't have what they want. There are loads of women about that you can have rows with who don't go charging down to the police station to claim abuse. We all have rows. We don't all get the police involved in them.

2 If you have ended up in a relation with a vexatious accuser, we always have the solicitor that we are offered at the police.

3 We never admit offences at the police station unless the evidence is overwhelming and a caution is available.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

For what its worth, I don't see the point of the resources of the criminal justice system being wasted on this relationship twaddle either.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for this.

I heard wed that a caution for something like this will always be on any crb check is this correct?

I am am applying for jobs and am worried this will stop me getting another position. does it ever become spent something like this?

It will drop off after 5 and a half years even on enhanced CRB checking. Don't take advice from police officers.

it is spent immediately and will not show on basic checking.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile