12826847

Hello, I just received an email containing the following

Customer Question

I just received an email containing the following statements which I find extremely offensive and I am wondering if I can take this person to court for harassment. I the email he is also making accusations against me which are not true.

Here are some of the things he said:

"I also know well that you are not very intelligent"

"However, unlike you I am not the sort of person who indulges in illicit dealings"

"I will not hesitate in getting a gag order against you in the courts, you and your whorish daughters have ruined my reputation enough by your lies and deceit, do not force my hand nor my fathers hand in this matter"

"You did not offer me free board or lodgings, you offered me inhabitiable accomodation in a filthy house, even below the standards the children which you abandoned"

"It all came at costs which I have incurred due to to your evil, cheating and dishonest ways"

The reason he is abusive is that I lent him money and let him stay on my couch at while he got on his feet, and I asked him leave my house after he had overstayed his welcome.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

why is he emailing you please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He borrowed money 3 years ago, and wanted to get ahold of the agreement he signed saying he would return it, of which a copy was given to him at the time. I didn't want to give my copy to him as I am worried he will use it to get out of paying me back.

Here is the full email:

Dear Amanda,

My apologies, but without a scanned copy of the document you have I cannot send you the full amount. My lawyer needs to see the document. You are the sort of person that is very capable of defrauding myself or my family in the future. In order to protect my interests and that of my family, and my future family, I need assurances.

I also know well that you are not very intelligent, and are prone to losing things, thus I suspect you have possibly lost the document. This renders our agreement null and void as we have no signed agreement as to the terms of the loan. However, unlike you I am not the sort of person who indulges in illicit dealings. Thus I am happy to accept a written and signed statement by you declaring the following:

i. That you are requesting a loaned sum of 5350 GBP
ii. That you are content that this is all that is owed to you by MR. J A SELVARATNAM
iii. That you agree never to approach myself or my family ever again in any capacity after the money is paid

Upon receipt of either this contract or this statement, then we can proceed with ending this transaction.

Also, on the matter of known contacts that you were about to contact. I would be very careful in threathening me over email Amanda. I will not hesitate in getting a gag order against you in the courts, you and your whorish daughters have ruined my reputation enough by your lies and deceit, do not force my hand nor my fathers hand in this matter. Unfortunately for you though, you have no one you can contact with any influence over myself or my family. Thus this will save me the expenditure of a court measure.

May I also make clear that YOU telephoned me with the offer of the said monies, and I accepted without knowing what your true intentions were! You did not offer me free board or lodgings, you offered me inhabitiable accomodation in a filthy house, even below the standards the children which you abandoned in Sri Lanka were used to! It all came at costs which I have incurred due to to your evil, cheating and dishonest ways.

As to the interest, you cannot charge me any my dear, because, you signed an agreement stating that this was an interest free loan due by 2015. If this were 2015 you would be in your rights, but even someone as slow witted as yourself can comprehend this.

As I said, all will be dealt with and I can say goodbye to you as soon as I receive at east one of the two documents requested.

Failure to do so will force me to see you in the courts.

Kind Regards

Ok.

That is clearly an unpleasant email to receive but I'm not sure why it should be unlawful?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because the things he is saying ought to count as harassment, and he is making baseless accusations about so I'm worried he will spread rumors about me

Thanks for the information and the time.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

I am afraid this does not amount to harassment. He is just chasing in a civil claim.

he might well be making assertions that are inaccurate but that isn't harassment I'm afraid. There's no way of sugar coating this and not much more I say on the point I'm afraid. It just plain isn't harassment or otherwise unlawful I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.