Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Hello,I was out drink and some trouble started to happen. Ive

Hello,I was out drink and some trouble started to happen. I've been told 2 stories,1- swung for someone missed and then was hit from behind and 2- I was hit behind. In both accounts I've had to have 40 plus stitches in my mouth and have chipped 2 teeth also missed 2 days of work. Where do I stand as to claiming please
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

What and from whom do you wish to 'claim'?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Injury lawyers
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
OK.

Just a few of preliminary questions:

- Do you have any criminal convictions?

- Are there witnesses supporting the fact that you are a victim not an assailant?

- What is the prognosis of your injuries for the future?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No previous convictions and there is CCTV footage been looked at when police get around to it. I've got to go back to my local gp in 5 days to have stitches removed and to have another look to make sure everything is healing
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
OK.

You can make a claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board for an award.

This is essentially a goverment funded body who make payments to victims of crime. They have power to make awards between £1,000 and £500,000.

You can use a solicitor BUT their fees will be deducted from your claim. Usually this is around 25%. This is a significant sum but the solicitor will do all the work e.g. Lodging the application, organising medical reports, liaising with the police etc.

If you decide to deal with the matter yourself you need simply to use the application forms on the Ministry of Justice website - and look for CICA. I'll get you the link if yoicant find it.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Here is the CICA link. You can make the claim online:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/victims-and-witnesses/cica

If you woukd prefer to use a solicitor, I would suggest:

www.levenes.co.uk

Regards,