29905560

Dear Sir/Madam My Husband and I want to make a simple will

Dear Sir/Madam

My Husband and I want to make a simple will each. I have looked on the internet and found I could pay as little as £30-00 for the both of us, where we buy the will form.

I then phoned my Solicitor and was told the cost of our 2 wills would be £285-00 plus vat, quite a difference!

I want to do this legally and correctly, but now have no idea how to make our wills cost effective as well.

Would really appreciate your advice.
Many thanks.
Sue

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

If you really wanted to you could make a will yourself but obviously you run the risk of it being invalid if the correct wording and terms are not used. But often you can buy templates for wills in legal shops or online and these are the cheapest options. Of course if you want to ensure the will is valid and you have been properly advised then you should see a professional about it. Solicitors would always be the more expensive option because their charge out rates will be higher. However, you can get will drafters, not solicitors, but still qualified people that draft wills and their costs will be much cheaper. You can even get a solicitor to do a will for free during November, which is when a scheme known as WillAid runs, although you are expected to make a donation to charity in return. You can also read a good guide on your options here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/free-cheap-wills

Hello I understand you had problems viewing chat mode so I have ended that and switched to the more user-friendly Q&A mode. My posts should now be visible above. Please let me know if you have any queries or leave a rating if you are satisfied with my answer. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ben

thank you so much for that! I have never even heard of will drafters! I think that is a good route to follow, I will also look up the moneysavings expert too.

Am very happy with answer.

Sue

You are most welcome, all the best