29905560

i bought a used car on friday 21 march and i find its not to

i bought a used car on friday 21 march and i find its not to my satisfaction can i return it and purchase another at the same dealers

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is wrong with the car?

Customer:

its only that i dont like it after driving it

Ben Jones :

I take it you mean February not March?

Customer:

yes sorry

Ben Jones :

Did you not test drive it before buying it?

Customer:

i did but have had second thoughts

Ben Jones :

When you purchase an item from a business seller, such as a car, you will have certain rights. As far as the law stands, you do not have a ‘cooling off period’ where you can return the car without any questions. You can only return the car if you can show that it was not as described, not of satisfactory quality or not fit for purpose. If you test drove the car and nothing has changed but you simply changed your mind you do not have the legal right to return it or ask for an exchange, you can only do so if you can show one of these three conditions applies. However, there is nothing stopping you from approaching the dealer and asking them to consider an exchange – they could still agree to it from goodwill and to keep a customer happy. If they refuse, that is when you may struggle to force them to accept it back.

Customer:

thank you