29905560

My son was due to join the RAF tomorrow but was attacked on

Customer Question

My son was due to join the RAF tomorrow but was attacked on Saturday evening and has 12 staples in his head. The RAF won't accept him until he is deemed fit and well again, at least 5 weeks away. He gave his job up with the Royal Mail on friday so now has no income. Where does he stand with regards XXXXX XXXXX benefits until he can go into the RAF?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

JACUSTOMER-lr4cd87s- :

My son was due to join the RAF tomorrow but was attacked on Saturday evening and has 12 staples in his head. The RAF won't accept him until he is deemed fit and well again, at least 5 weeks away. He gave his job up with the Royal Mail on friday so now has no income. Where does he stand with regards to any benefits until he can go into the RAF?

Ben Jones :

His eligibility to benefits will depend on a wide range of personal circumstances so it is impossible to just give a yes or no answer on here. Instead, he is best advised to go through the Government's Benefits Advisor tool which can give him an idea based on his position whether he can seek any benefits in this period. You can access this tool here:

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?

JACUSTOMER-lr4cd87s- : I just feel he's in "no mans" land now. He's given his job up, he's injured and has to wait at least 5 weeks before he has a further medical with the RAF. Have tried to contact citizens advice, nowhere is open so therefore wondered if he would be able to claim job seekers, income support.?
Ben Jones :

have you followed the benefits adviser I linked to earlier?