75100385

Hi can you please help Ive got a six foot fence and a few

Hi can you please help I've got a six foot fence and a few of the post have rotted,but next door have put on the fence steel panels which are on are post but have taken the panels down so we can replace the rotten post which they have done which I was glad of.i did ask for the steel panels not to be put back. But they have put them back on.we have paid out for all the panels and post but next door paid out for two post spikes, I feel this has made are fence weak, I did ask why can't you put your steel panel up independly we have now had a big bust and I would like to know how I stand

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Who owns the fence please?

Customer: I do
Alex Watts :

The good news is that he can no do this - this is technically criminal damage

Alex Watts :

You own it which means permission is needed from you to attach or fix anything to the fence

Alex Watts :

Customer: What can I or what should I do next
Alex Watts :

You should write and ask that it is removed or you will go to Court.

Alex Watts :

If he refuses get a Solicitor to write and say the same thing - that may do it

Alex Watts :

If not sadly you will have to go to Court and ask the Court to Order that he removes it

Alex Watts :

Does that help?