UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

my name is XXXXX XXXXX my daughter is been in egypt working

my name is XXXXX XXXXX my daughter is been in egypt working for as a guest relation officer for over a year and as fallen in love with an egypitian guy, this no green card for this gentleman because he would prefer to stay in his home land. my daughter went to egypt to persue her career in hospilaty and to learn arabic. my daughter wants to come home but wants him to come to. we come from a islamic background but as a family born and brought up in the uk, it is very inportant that he comes and meets us and asks my daughters hand in marriage. we would like him to come to the uk to see if he can actually like to live in the uk. my daughter has looked into this matter and is caught in a very bad situation. please could you advice me and if we needed a solicitor to help us how much it would cost. we also understand that people get together just to stay in the uk but this is not the case because we are not silly people and would not accept anything like that. me and my husband are willing for him to stay with us and support them financily and otherwise. i have got no issue with my daughter finding a job in a london hotel because this is what she has studied and now knows basic arabic so she will be able to support her partner until he can get a working visa........ please help
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am assuming that your daughter is a British Citizen.

The person your daughter has fallen in love with would need to apply for a UK visit visa to come and meet you and ask for your daughter's hand in marriage.

Then they would need to choose whether to get married in the UK or Egypt. If they get married in Egypt, he would then need to apply for a UK spouse visa and your daughter would need to be working and earning at least £18,600 per annum to sponsor him for the visa.

All visa applications are complicated and I would suggest that a UK immigration solicitor be appointed to assist with the applications.

You may search for one on Google or using the Law Society find a solicitor facility. You should discuss the costs of the applications with the solicitors, the legal fees are normally in the region if £1000 per application.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if they decided to get married in the uk then what visa should they apply for in Egypt for my daughters partner to come here?

In that case he should apply for a fiancée visa http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/fiancee-proposed-cp/

All the best