75100385

We produced a glassfibre moulding for a boat company, they

We produced a glassfibre moulding for a boat company, they own and supplied the moulds. The boat was classed as a reject because of a problem with the resin. We immediately made a replacement.
Whos property is the rejected moulding. No payment was made.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How much was it and what do you want to achieve please?

Customer:

I want to know if my customer has any legal right to keep hold of the rejected moulding of which

Customer:

he has made no payment for

Alex Watts :

No.

Alex Watts :

He either rejects and returns it or pays for it

Alex Watts :

You should to write and set out your losses and ask for a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings which can be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by competing form N1 at: https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the seller and they will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce it. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing. If the losses are £10,000 or less then it will be a small claim and you do not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

He states in his letter that he has Build rights and Intellectual property rights. Does this make a difference.

Alex Watts :

No difference. He may have IP rights but you produced the mould

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes and thank you.