LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

hi i have been bullied by my neaubour for over 4 years i have

Customer Question

hi i have been bullied by my neaubour for over 4 years i have reported it to my local concsul but they dont seem to wont to help am a 62 year old lady living alone and he is dealing drugs in the open and again the police do nothing am at my witts end who can i ask for help sorry about my spelling please help me
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you just tell me the sort of things he has done to bully you. Are you and is your neighbour a teneat of a loca auhtority or toehr social landlord. If not are you a ho

LondonlawyerJ :

Sorry for the typo or are you and he home owners.

LondonlawyerJ :

Why do you think he is dealing drugs?

JACUSTOMER-6ftffbpm- :

i have lived in my house for 16 years and a guy moved in 7 years ago he was very affences from the of and told me to keep out of his busness and we would be ok now he as blocked all my emergence exits with a van and horse box he also had a pony in his garden he was reported and after about 6 months of fighting he had to get rid of it and said it was me who reported him{ and it was not ] now he as is music on at all hours he even sent a man with a bad rep who told me to shut my mouth as i will get come back now its eveyday he makes some thing up and as you can see i not very good at writing i have reported it and got told i did not i no i did they told me they would come today to take a statment but yet again did not show up he laughs and tell me there not coming so someone is telling him about me reporting him and now he said i have 2 weeks to move what do i do?

JACUSTOMER-6ftffbpm- :

no we rent , i live in a small place and every knows whats what i got told and i have seen it for ,myself the police raid his house and he laughs at them and said he knew they was coming so the just back off

LondonlawyerJ :

Is your land lord the local authority and is it his landlord? Who did you report things to?

JACUSTOMER-6ftffbpm- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-6ftffbpm- :

to them selix homes

LondonlawyerJ :

selix homes?

JACUSTOMER-6ftffbpm- :

yes thats right

LondonlawyerJ :

that is Salix homes in Manchester?

JACUSTOMER-6ftffbpm- :

yes it is

LondonlawyerJ :

Thankyou. I will need to have to do some work and thinking to give you a useful answer to your question. I am not in court tomorrow and will give you your answer tomorrow morning if that is OK with you.

JACUSTOMER-6ftffbpm- :

yes thats find i just need help my daughter said she will be here for u to ask questions as she is better at writing than me will that be ok ?

LondonlawyerJ :

yes. I will answer tomorrow morning then. You write clearly yourself.

JACUSTOMER-6ftffbpm- :

ok thank you i really do need help am at the end of it now

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello. I am terribly sorry my internet connection has not been working today. It has started working again now and I will answer you this evening.

LondonlawyerJ :

You have been a local authority tenant for 16 years and for the last r4 years your neighbour has been an unpleasant presence. You suspect him of being involved in drug dealing and he has been personally unpleasant. You suffer in particular with the music from his house which is on a great deal. You have received veiled threats from a person you suspect was sent by your neighbour. You may well be right that he was sent by your neighbour but it would be very hard to prove that was the case.

Your home is managed by Salix and they claim on their website that this is their tenancy agreement. http://www.salixhomes.org/documents/Tenancy_Agreement_FINAL_version_1.10.pdf. Presumably it is also your neighbours. It includes this clause.

6. Nuisance

You are responsible for the behaviour of every person (including children), living in, or visiting

your home. You are responsible for their behaviour in your home, in shared areas and

in the locality of your home. You, or anyone living with you or visiting your

home must not do anything which causes or is likely to cause a nuisance or annoyance to

any person residing, visiting or engaging in a lawful activity in the locality of your home.

Nuisance amounts to anti-social behaviour and this includes, but is not limited to the

following: (among other things).

• Distributing controlled drugs

• Drug and alcohol abuse

• Playing music loudly or making other loud noise.

Your neighbour is clearly in breach of his tenancy agreement. Action could be taken by the landlord against him on this basis but it would require court proceedings and probably require you to give evidence against him.

Were Salix coming to take a statement from you about the neighbour, have they missed a number of appointments?

Your best hope of getting any help is through Salix and you should get in touch with them again. If they seem unwilling to come to your house can you get to their office. It may be a god idea to start keeping a nuisance diary. So that if action ever is taken there is some reliable evidence of the way he has been behaving. When he does things which are particularly bad you should put an entry in the diary noting date, time, duration of the behaviour plus a description of what is happening.

I am afraid that it could take a while for any effective action to be taken against this man unless the police actually manage to catch him.