75100385

Hi, I had an accident at work due to slippery surface (oil)

I had an accident at work due to slippery surface (oil) called the ambulance and they took me to the hospital to examine me.
When I return to work the company has cleaned the oil and claimed there was nothing there.
What I should have done? And what I should do in this type of accident if it happened in the future? Should I call the police to proof there was an oily surface?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Were there any witnesses please?
Customer:

hi,Yes was the supervisor witness and I show him and he agree but I do not know if he will be able to tell the truth as he might be worried that they company would harass him.

Alex Watts :

The Police will not do anything - any personal injury claim is a civil matter.

Alex Watts :

This would be down to evidence.

Alex Watts :

If you bring a claim then your employer would be required to disclose any CCTV, accident book, work records etc

Alex Watts :

Also the ambulance records can be obtained which means if they were called and saw or there was a record of any oil/slip this will go against them.

Alex Watts :

But a claim could be no win no fee anyway, so you have nothing to lose

Alex Watts :

Ideally your supervisor would need to give a statement to support you.

Alex Watts :

But in any event the ambulance service will have records.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Many thanks,everything's is clear and helpful