12826847

I have been on police bail for alleged assault on my gf. I

Customer Question

I have been on police bail for alleged assault on my gf. I actually restrained her during an argument when she got violent. I have never been in trouble in my life, have a respectable job and I am worried sick. My gf contacted me whilst on bail and we met and communicated constantly for a month in person, text and email during bail and re-bail. The police knew of some bail breaches but did not pursue me because my gf admitted she instigated the contact. However the police were not aware of all of the breaches. Since being charged with a s39 I have had new bail and I haven't breached it despite my gf trying to contact me by phone and text. She has turned hateful now, I wish to plead not guilty to the s39. I am worried that she will disclose the rest of the breaches and I would be held on remand whilst waiting for trial. Is this possible or are the past bail breaches inapplicable?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Do you have any previous convictions please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No nothing, never been arrested or in any kind of trouble. The bruising is on her wrists where I restrained her.

Will she give evidence against you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes she is now claiming abuse which I cannot believe. She may not want to disclose all bail breaches that involve her phoning me, picking me up and taking her back to her new home where we had sex, she asked me to live there with her after selling my house. She is worried what her dad will say. Also, we met at a local garden centre for coffee to reassure each other about our future, at the last meeting she asked me to write her a text to say sorry for manhandling her, I feel bad for ever touching her so let her dictate the text whilst we were sat in the coffee shop... she went straight to the police with it so the CPS have brought the case, however they do not know the circumstances of how that text was written and she may not want to disclose that either.

Well, she will have been on the internet reading all the nonsense that is there about domestic abuse and convinced herself that nothing is ever her fault.

She could disclose the other breaches but Im not sure they would be prosecuted. Apart from anything else she is instigating contact

However, that wouldnt lead to another charge. They would just pick you up for breach of bail and put you before the Court in the morning where you would either admit or deny it and apply for fresh bail.

Probably the reason for the issue with the text though is that it supports the main allegation and thats why its being introduced. Its not the breach of bail per se but the fact of the text which tends to support their case.

You are actually better off making the break now. We all have rows. We don't all respond by charing down the police station and making allegations of abuse as she has. Just find yourself a sensible girlfriend with no back ground of alleging abuse to get even.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/