75100385

Hi, I have agreed to online marketing campaign and sign it

Customer Question

I have agreed to online marketing campaign and sign it via email. I believed it to be 1 month deal. I have noticed the company has charged me again, insisting I have entered an ongoing contract. They requested 30day notice to cancell and has to be done via post ( I guess to have more delay!) I don't have a paper copy of the agreement and cancelation policy wasn't visible when signing the contract. I feel misled and angry they have stole my money. Is there anything I can do?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

I assume you are a business? Did you sign a contract? Were there any terms and conditions supplied please?

JACUSTOMER-axp3awk2- : I have sign an online contract, it's rather long one, I have it on email.
Alex Watts :

Ok - did you not read the terms?

JACUSTOMER-axp3awk2- : The account manager just send me this
JACUSTOMER-axp3awk2- : Clause 24: ‘After your first month, a notice period of thirty days is required to cancel your Campaign(s). Within your first month you can cancel your agreement by calling your Account Manager directly or by calling our customer service and being transferred to your Account Manager. Cancellation of any account, can only be actioned via your Account Manager or a Senior Manager within the Accounts Team. EBS Marketing cannot accept any cancellations in the firstMonth via email or post. From month 2 and beyond, cancellation of the contract can be actioned by giving 30 days’ notice in writing by post and NOT email. Where the next renewal payment date falls within the 30 Day notice period, this will be taken as the final renewal payment and the campaign will cease 30 days from the final payment date.If you wish to cancel your contract, you can do so, by writing to the office in which your account is held (letter in post, NOT AN EMAIL) or to the postal address which is provided in this Welcome Pack.’
Alex Watts :

Did you cancel within 30 days?

JACUSTOMER-axp3awk2- : No, because I was convinced that this is one month service only.
Alex Watts :

I assume you ticked to say you had read the terms?

JACUSTOMER-axp3awk2- : I guess there was the box as they always do. I'm upset about the 30 days notice wich seems like designed to get them at lest two more payments after first month!
Alex Watts :

Yes but did you read the terms beforehand?

JACUSTOMER-axp3awk2- : No, because when talking to the agent I believed its one month agreement
Alex Watts :

Did the agent tell you that it would automatically cancel?

JACUSTOMER-axp3awk2- : I do not remember exact words as this was back in december
Alex Watts :

I see. Sadly its bad news then I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

If you signed up and didnt read the terms and conditions even if you took this to Court a Judge would say you should have

Alex Watts :

I assume you are in business which means your level of understanding is higher

Alex Watts :

A Judge will expect you to read terms and conditions no matter what you are tol

Alex Watts :

told

Alex Watts :

If you did not then sadly you are bound

Alex Watts :

Therefore unless the agent actually told you that it would cancel there is nothing you can do

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-axp3awk2- : Thanks for listening. Had to learn the hard way, those people always win...
Alex Watts :

I am sorry its not better news

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

JACUSTOMER-axp3awk2- : kind regards!
Alex Watts :

All the best

Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today