75100385

i accidentally set fire to mine and next door fixing my flat

Customer Question

i accidentally set fire to mine and next door fixing my flat roof my insurance has paid out and my claim is legitimate my next door neighbor has told me this is not the end and will be suing me is there anything i can do to either stop or limit what they are looking for this is all word off mouth but it will happen any advice

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

I assume he has not suffered any other loss apart from the door which has been replaced?

JACUSTOMER-u54aejdy- :

no they were at a full house re instate roof and all the intereior its a large loss claim

Alex Watts :

If the insurance company paid out, there is nothing he can sue for

Alex Watts :

He has suffered no loss?

Alex Watts :

If the insurance paid out there is no claim against you.

Alex Watts :

If it went to Court a Judge would look at what loss he has suffered

JACUSTOMER-u54aejdy- :

they were paid out but to what extent i do not know they have just threatened me with suit

Alex Watts :

If he has been paid out and everything fixed then you are not liable

Alex Watts :

If he just tries to sue, pass it on to your insurance company, let should deal with it

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-u54aejdy- :

thanks alex thanks that what i was thinking to but not sure

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today