29905560

My daughter is a hairdresser; she worked for her present employer

My daughter is a hairdresser; she worked for her present employer for just less than one year.
Last Saturday she coloured a client's hair and the client praised the result and seemed satisfied with the work my daughter had done but then appears to have spent Sunday and yesterday on Facebook criticising the result and the level of customer care she received and saying what a terrible place the salon was.
My daughter went to work today and was promptly dismissed by the owner because of the comments made by the woman on Facebook.
She has been paid for the rest of this week and will receive this and any holiday money she is owed.
This seems to be grossly unfair; where does she stand as far as the law is concerned

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When did she start work there?

Customer:

About 9 months ago

Ben Jones :

hat d

Ben Jones :

What does her contract say about the notice period please?

Customer:

Not sure about that; I would need to check it and reply to you

Ben Jones :

Ok. Come back when you can.