75100385

Hi I have just received a county court claim against myself

Customer Question

I have just received a county court claim against myself but sent to my business address. If I cannot pay this claim, are my business assets belonging to my limited company at risk of being seized?
Additionally, the claim is for monies the claimant believes was owed over a year ago on 02/02/2013. Does his claim still stand.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

No - business assets are safe

Alex Watts :

This is because if they belong to the Ltd company or are on finance they do not belong to you

Alex Watts :

So the assets own by the business are protected

Customer:

They belong to the limited company but I am the director.

Customer:

or does that not make any difference. They cannot be seized.

Alex Watts :

Makes no difference - they belong to the Company

Alex Watts :

Your company assets are safe.

Alex Watts :

The claim is also well within time - they have 6 years to bring a claim

Customer:

Thank you for clarifying.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything?

Customer:

ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

thank you

Alex Watts :

All the best