tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Some years ago I had debts which I did not re-pay at the time

Some years ago I had debts which I did not re-pay at the time my name was on my ex partners property.when we split six years ago this was never changed now they are trying to take his house even though he can prove I made no contributions to it.can I get this stopped if I contact these people and offer to pay
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

You can get this stopped if you pay the outstanding debt - they will have no reason to pursue you or the house if you pay the outstanding monies.

Customer:

Should I contact them direct and will they have to give me the amount also would it have to be paid in full or would they accept a lump sum and monthly payments

tdlawyer :

You need to negotiate with them to do monthly instalments, which they might accept still if reasonable (i.e. don't try for 10 years etc). If you pay everything in one go, they simply have no choice but to accept it.

Customer:

Thank you for your help I will phone them tomorrow

tdlawyer :

Thank you. Is there anything else you would like me to answer for you?