i took a logbook loan out march 2013 £75 month they then increased

Customer Question

i took a logbook loan out march 2013 £75 month they then increased it to £77 now they tell me i owe £59 + connection of 50p it might seem petty but why should i pay

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Why do you feel you do not owe this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

why should they increase it then chrge me

Was there provision for a connection fee in the contract?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no it should have been £75 they then told me they had made a mistake could they make it £77 plus pence i said ok but they now tell me i owe £59 .40 plus 50p charge

In addition to the £77?

On what basis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they said to close the acount

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see you have relisted this. If the rate was £75 a month then they can not increase it. I assume you have a signed contract?

If so, that is binding. A contract can not be broken or changed without a a provision in the terms or agreement.

If the contract states £75 then it can not be increased.

The contract is binding on you and them.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what if i said it was ok

If he agreed then consent to vary the contract had been given.

In those circumstances not a lot he can do I am sorry to say.

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: