12826847

I was bound to the peace for allegedly being being drunk &

Customer Question

I was bound to the peace for allegedly being being drunk & disorderly! I was naieve I thought I would get a fine but I was bound to the peace for a year! Is this a criminal conviction? I have never been in trouble before!

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

It is not a criminal conviction. This is a bind over which is essentially a civil ending to a criminal matter.

All you are accepting when you agree to a bind over is the risk that you may misbehave in the future and promise to the court not to do so. You are not admitting to the offence.

That is not to say that this will not show or enhanced checking but it will not show on basic or standard checking.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I work in HSE hospital all staff are currently being Garda Vetted will this record be disclosed it happened 11 years ago?

What was it for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alledged by Gardai that I was drunk! I asked a Garda where he was taking a house mate who he was aressting so I could inform his dad! The Garda told me to mind my own business the Gardas I'D number was not visible so I asked him for it and he arrested me also! I had only returned from work 10 minutes earlier! I had never been in trouble and didn't know what to do! In hindsight I should have got a solicitor! I was bound to the peace!

If this is drunk and disorderly then that should ahve dropped off enhanced checking now and its not an excepted offence so it should not show.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/