UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am looking for information about licensing a manufacturer

Customer Question

I am looking for information about licensing a manufacturer in US.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I manufacture pet products in UK and a company in US was interested in manufacturing these items under license. Obviously US law is different to UK law and so I wanted to know about this. In some respects, i would like to arrange an appointment to discuss this but would like to do more research before that meeting to get the best from it.

You need to enter into a licence agreement with the American manufacturer , you may provide for the licence agreement to be governed by English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts in the event if any dispute arising under the licence agreement.

I would suggest that you get the licence agreement properly drawn up by instructing a commercial solicitor here so that your interests are properly protected. The licence agreement will cover things such as duration, payment or royalties, confidentiality, protection of your IP rights, termination etc.

You may use the Law Society find a solicitor search facility to find a suitable solicitor to assist you.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you this is a good start. The actuality is more complicated which was why I was asking the simpler question first. You have been very helpful and also very quick with your replies, thank you. I shall look further into this.

Welcome and all the best