UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I took a woman to court after she scammed me out of 60k over

I took a woman to court after she scammed me out of 60k over a year whilst I was taking antidepresents after my marriage broke down . In court she comited perjury and the judge ruled in her favour . Where can I turn to now ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about this.

Do you have any evidence that she scammed you and do you have any proof to counter what she said to the judge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You can see the money leaving my account to go to hers. My solicitor witnessed the original mortgage payment discussions.
Also receipts from the holiday etc. We have the witness statements from her & myself. When summing up the case the judge said she was lying throughout the hearing but still awarded her the case..
Have you appealed against the ruling?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No my solicitor has advised that this isn't a good idea as it will be costly to me. I have already been asked to pay her costs of £1400. With both our legal fees I'm currently £8k down

Perjury is a criminal offence and you may refer this to the police who may refer it to the CPS if there is evidence that perjury has been committed.

She could be arrested and charged. You may also write to the court pointing out the perjury and ask the judge to review the ruling in her favour. You may also speak to another solicitor to see if they can assist you with your case as it seems your current solicitor has thrown in the towel.

Hope this helps