Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Have a copy of my mothers will...Super imposed. No figures

Customer Question

Have a copy of my mother's will...Super imposed. No figures are mentioned...Don't know what the estate was becuase of that is that normal..That there are no figures
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

A Will doesn't normally include figure, unless there is a specific gift leaving £x amount to a person.

How can I assist you further, please?

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should the will have gone to probate and if so should anyone able to access

it and where

Thanks for your reply.

If your Mother's Estate was valued over £5,000 then Probate is normally required, in that all Banks etc require to see Probate before allowing the Executor(s) to close the account.

You can easily find out if Probate has been granted by contacting the Leeds Probate Registry. For a small fee (£6), you can do a postal search for you and if it was obtained, you can also get a copy for a small fee.

Details are-Postal Searches and Copies Department
Leeds District Probate Registry
York House
York Place
Leeds
Enquiries: 0113 389 6133

I hope this assists you.

Kind Regards
AL

LS1 2BA
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.