12826847

I was dating this guy, and it didnt end that well. He threatened

Customer Question

I was dating this guy, and it didn't end that well. He threatened to get people after me because I hurt him in the relationship when it was a 2 way thing. A couple of days later I get a phone call of someone. They didn't say anything and just hung up. I ask the guy I had been dating if he knew anything about it and he said he was going to call the police and claim harassment. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How many times have you contacted him please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Since we split up, about 15-20 times, the first 5-8 times where just us talking through the problems before it ended up getting nasty to where it is now

Has he been responding to those acts of contact?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes he has, he responded to them all. Then he suddenly replied saying that he was going to call the police on me as he did not feel safe on his phone with me texting him even though he seemed fine about it. I can't sleep at night, or go outside because of the threats he made to me about him getting people after me or threatening to call the police on me. It's got so bad now I've had to give up my job.

It is possible that he could report this to the police but all they will do is give you a harassment warning to stop contacting him.

If it comes to a charge though then you would have a defence on the basis that he is responding to your accounts of contact.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about the threats he made to me? The fact I fear going outside now because of him & had to give up my job. Would I be able to give that to my lawyer and then they report that to the police?

If you've been contacting him after that then its quite unlikely that there is going to be that much interest in those threats and anyway it only amounts at best to a minor s5 public order
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So if he does something to me or gets someone after me, he will get away with it?

Thank you. You have left a negative rating but asked for more information which seems inconsistent. I will be happy to carry on with this if the negative rating was a mistake. I know thats easy to do as I’ve done it myself in other categories.
In answer to your question, it depends what happens. Obviously if there are serious offences committed then that will lead to prosecution but that hasn't happened yet. The fact of the threat is rather undermined by the fact that you have continued to contact him many times afterwards.