UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My son and his girl friend recently visited Turkey for almost

Customer Question

My son and his girl friend recently visited Turkey for almost a week. He had a Sierra Leonean Passport and was given a visiting visa status. He had a letter from the home Office confirming his status leave to remain in the Uk. The same status which myself, his mum, two sisters and a brother have since 1998.
Two of our children were born in the UK, he was born on the 21st July 1990 and Maddie , 17 October 1995.
He had with him his birth certificate, his contract letter from his employer, a bank statement and the letter from the home office showing leave to remain in the uk.
He was stop on his way coming back from his holidays, and asked to apply for visa to enter the uk again. We manged to get a hotel for him for one night to apply on line but I tried to apply online, it was unsuccessful. Pleas we need your proffessional advice in this matter.
our son is a Cycle cell patient and his girl frien had brought back his luggage expecting her boy friend to be in the next fright yesterday. Unfortunately that is not the case.
Please help.
Thanks in Advance.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What does your friend's home office letter say about leave to remain in the UK? When does it expire, or is it indefnite leave to remain? Where is he currently?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is not my friend but my son.

He was burn in the UK - (21/07/1990 )and my family have the indefinate leave to remain since 1998.

My son is now twenty five years old and in full employment. He went on holidays with his girl friend with a visa granted by the Tuckey authority and on his return they stop him even though he had all the correct documentations.

It would seem that the Turkish immigration officials or the airline do not understand UK immigration matters which is why your son was denied coming to the UK.

You son should get in touch with the local British Embassy to assist him to board the plane to the UK. If he lived in the UK for the first 10 years of his life and was born in the UK, he is eligible to apply for British Citizenship and a British Passport, see here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/279424/Guide_T_January_2014.pdf

All the best