UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a victim of on line fraud. Where do I enquire from , to

I am a victim of on line fraud. Where do I enquire from , to fimd out if my shares have been cashed. W.M.C
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Who do you think has cashed your shares? Did you buy them through a broker?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The broker I believed I was dealimg withhas cashed half of my shares and purchased Twitter shares with the procedes. I have not been supplied with the exchange of documents. I do hold proof of purchase of 900 Royal Mail shares, but I don't know if they have been sold too.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The broker I believed I was dealing with has cashed half of my shares and purchased Twitter shares with the proceeds. I have not been supplied with the exchange of documents. I do hold proof of purchase of 900 Royal Mail shares, but I don't know if they have been sold too.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The firm was on line ( Waterman Wealth Management) They advertised as a Registered Companyand held a company number. Later they were blacklisted by the FCA, butthey contacted me before they were blacklisted. At that time I had insufficient cash to enter into the purchase. So, I told them I needed a couple of months to get the cash together. During this time they were removed from the Register of Companies. I was not aware of this till much later. I had no reason to query their credentials.W.M.C

I dealt with two men. One named Alexander Dupont, the other , I don't have his surname, called himself James./ They spoke to me about ten days ago. I was very angry and unfortunately let them discover they wre known to be crook James told me at that time my documents were in his possession at that time and were not sold.Those share are Royal Mail and Twitter. Value in the region of £10.000. James' agreed that valuation. WMC

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The true base of these men are Hong Kong and Dubai

Yes, I have seen the warning on the FCA website against this rogue firm.

I am afraid the news is not good, as the firm is not authorised by the FCA,you are not protected by the UK Financial Ombudsman or teh Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

You should try and see if your bank is able to assist you in getting your money back.
You should also contact Equiniti to see if you are the registered holder of the Royal Mail shares and explain the fraud: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/investors/shareholder-communications/registrar-information

900 RMG shares are currently woth about 5400 pounds. We cannot be certain that the RMG shares were indeed purchased for you or you were just shown fkase docouments to show proof of purchase.

You may also see if the Dubai Police is able to help you track down the people behind this rogue broker firm:
http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/jsps/home.do?switchLanguage=en&noCache=1393501223003

Hope this helps