75100385

What are the implications of allowing the company I work for

What are the implications of allowing the company I work for (on a commission only basis) to use my home address (which is also my work place) as the UK Registered office. The company is based in southern Ireland

Thank you for your help

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

None really.

Alex Watts :

Obviously you will get stuff through the post and if they fall behind on any payments etc then you will get letters and may even get Court papers or visits from bailiffs if it goes that far.

Alex Watts :

But a bailiff can't take any assets that belong to you and not the Company

Alex Watts :

So apart from correspondence it makes no difference

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you Alex

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

Thank you Alex. My colleague is a friend and I have been allowing him to use my home as a base, rent free for 2+ years whilst the business was getting established. I thought the time had come for him to contribute some rent for the privilege and although he has agreed, he is now being insistent that I sign a "contract" with him. He was pushing today again for me to sign it and said he needed to file it with the company accounts to justify the costs to his co-directors and shareholders - which is another person who is pretty much a sleeping partner. Its made me feel that I was missing something that might cause problems in future. Now I know

Customer:

..... it's nothing to do with being the registered office. (He's a bit of a control freek so its possibly more to do with that.)

Customer:

(I really shouldn't keep pressing the return key!!!) Very many thanks for your help. Its reassuring. Regards. Leigh

Alex Watts :

A pleasure Leigh

Alex Watts :