12826847

Hello!! My name isXXXXX you tell me please wich

Hello!! My name isXXXXX you tell me please wich is the fine for a driver that did not have a third party insurance?

Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this. Did you have any insurance at all?

Just to let you know I’m in court today so I’m unable to respond immediately and there may be a slight delay in getting back to you.

JACUSTOMER-gc5o6a0h- :

I was the second driver, the car had insurance on the name of the first driver

Jo C. :

Did you plead guilty by post.

Customer:

yes

Jo C. :

No insurance leads to a Band C fine which is normally assessed on the basis of a starting point of 150% of your weekly income and a range of £125-175%.

Jo C. :

of your weekly income.

Jo C. :

Also, there would be a costs order of £85 if you entered an early guilty plea and the victim surcharge usually of about 10% of the fine sum.

Jo C. :

If you didn't provide any information about your means then they will presume you are earning £415 a week. I don't think that can be the case here given the sum of the fine.

Customer:

we did provide the information about my means, I told them i receive 512 per week, but the 85 pounds are extra beside those 510

Jo C. :

Well that will be in then. In fact that is actually quite a low sentence then well under the sentencing range. That would be roughly 100% of your weekly income

Customer:

but there was 6 points on my license

Jo C. :

Yes, thats the minimum.

Jo C. :

6 points and a fine of between 125-175 % of your weekly income.

Jo C. :

They can ban you for up to 12 months. You were given the minimum sentence.

Customer:

could you please wat means licence endorsed

Jo C. :

That just means that they will add points to your licence - the 6 that they mentioned.

Jo C. :

So your licence will be endorsed with 6 points.

Customer:

and one more question please, when will this 6 points expire, as in when will my licence be cleared of?

Jo C. :

For the purposes of the road traffic act 3 years, for the purposes of the DVLA 4 years and for most insurance companies either 5 or 10 years.

Customer:

Thank you very much!!!!, that was very helpfull, and sory for my mistakes, english is not my first language.

Jo C. :

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/