75100385

A member of my family owes me 3000 pounds. they are due to

A member of my family owes me 3000 pounds. they are due to sell their house and I was wondering if I could set a charge against the property to ensure that I get my money returned before they are paid from the sale of the house. They are willing to agree to this arrangement

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

If they are willing then yes.

Alex Watts :

You need to complete form RX1

Alex Watts :

This is available here:

Alex Watts :

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/_media/downloads/forms/RX1.pdf

Alex Watts :

You need to complete this form and send it to the land registry with a cheque (I think it is £50).

Alex Watts :

This will register a restriction on the property which means the Solicitor will contact you when selling the house

Customer:

Ok that sounds fine. Thank you for your help

Alex Watts :

There is a form of words you need to use.

Alex Watts :

But the Land Registry website appears down at the moment.

Alex Watts :

But it is a restriction by consent.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

When you say that there is a form of words to use, is this from a leagl point of view?

Alex Watts :

They are standard but contained within practice guide 19

Alex Watts :

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/professional/guides/practice-guide-19

Alex Watts :

But as I said the website is down

Alex Watts :

I think it may be form K from memory

Alex Watts :

But it is a restriction by consent.

Customer:

Would I be able to complete this form or does it need to be done by a solicitor?

Alex Watts :

No, you can do it, its quite straight forward.

Alex Watts :

But the person that owns the property would also need to sign it

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this?

Customer:

No that should be fine. Thank you for the info

Alex Watts :

All the best

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/