Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I HAVE LET A FLAT TO HOUSING ASSATION ON 2NOV 2005 FOR PEOPLE

Customer Question

I HAVE LET A FLAT TO HOUSING ASSATION ON 2NOV 2005 FOR PEOPLE INEED IN THE MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT THEY TAKE 8% OFF THE RENT THEY RECIEVE FROM THE HOUSING BENIFITS I HAVE ONLY RECIEVED ONE INCREASE IN THAT PIORIOD HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT THEY RECIEVE
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Did you negotiate a lease with the housing association please? If so do you recall the term of the lease or contractual tenancy?

JACUSTOMER-hojg3sr0- :

THRESHOLD HOUSING / OWN MANAGEMENT CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT

Joshua :

Thank you. Do you know the term of that tenancy agreement? i.e. How long you granted it for?

Joshua :

Thank you for attempting to provide a rating. I should be very grateful for your feedback rating when we have finished. In the meantime would you be able to answer the above query for me?

JACUSTOMER-hojg3sr0- :

IT DOES NOT SAY ANY PIORIOD

JACUSTOMER-hojg3sr0- :

YES

Joshua :

It would be highly unusual for a contractual tenancy to not contain a term. Are you able to upload the document by any chance?

JACUSTOMER-hojg3sr0- :

THE CONTRACT AGREEMENT OFF 5PAGES SIGNED ME AND THEM

Joshua :

Are you able to upload a copy for me to review?

JACUSTOMER-hojg3sr0- :

NO

Joshua :

Thanks. without sight of the document, there is a limit to how much I can assist with regards to actions you may take in respect of the tenancy you have granted. if you are able to upload a copy and I would be happy to assist you with this further. In respect of your specific query regarding with you can ascertain how much the housing associations letting the property for, unfortunately this would be confidential information which the housing association is unlikely to provide to you and there is no basis for you to demand this information.

Joshua :

However, subject to any minimum term tenancy contract you have agreed with housing association, we are unsure about the term of the tenancy based on what you say above, you can renegotiate the rent you receive for the property with the housing association on the basis that if you are unable to agree a new rent with them you can take steps to end the tenancy and for example rent to somebody else if you wish

Joshua :

if you wish to consider raising rent, it is important to take advice in relation to the tenancy granted. As above, if you able to let me have a copy of the tenancy agreement, I'm happy to assist you further with this.

JACUSTOMER-hojg3sr0- :

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE LONDON BOUROUGH OF SOUTHWARK PAYS THE BENIFITS IS POSSIBLE TO FIND CONTACT WITH THEM AND HOW MUCH THEY PAY MONTLY

Joshua :

You could ask the council to advise what they would be prepared to pay for a property such as yours - councils typically have standard scales on which they operate and you could contact the local authority's housing office and request this information. If they refuse to disclose it to you, you could write to the council and request the information under the Freedom of information act though one would hope this would not be required.

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you any further?

JACUSTOMER-hojg3sr0- :

THE ADDRESS OF WHO TO CONTACT AT SOUTHWARK HOUSING

Joshua :

Certainly...

Joshua :

Housing Benefits Department
Southwark Council
PO BOX 64529
London SE1P 5LX
020 7525 1880

Joshua :

Can I help you with anything else?

Joshua :

If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to rate my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with though please reply back to me though.