31090051

In Scotland. If a sheriff makes a decision based on a higher

In Scotland. If a sheriff makes a decision based on a higher courts decision, but that courts decision is being appealed, what would be the actual grounds and points of appeal in the sheriff
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The way I would handle this would be to put in a basic note of appeal detailing why you think the sheriff, and the other judge in the other case, are wrong along with a motion to sist the cause pending the outcome of the appeal proceedings in the other case.

The fact that the other case is being appealed is not a ground of appeal in itself but may be a reason to put the case of until the appeal court deals with the point of law concerned.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.