29905560

Hello i would like to ask you and give me advice if you can

Hello i would like to ask you and give me advice if you can do
I am a driver in uk company and i had small incident on a carpark during my reversing woman drive into my truck and escape from incident place i get all information to my company and after 2 months they charged me 200 Pound without telling me the results of who faults it was and without telling me they will take that money off my wages and i found out nnow total ammount for that will be 900 pound , no one told me what for is that and why so hight ammount ? I am confuse even if that was my fault is that should be so hight amount ? I will add i have pictures of car my didt have any damages the othe person few scratched ,please for help

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Does your contract say that they can take that money from your wages?

Customer:

i realy didit read yeat i just find out that now

Ben Jones :

so does the contract allow it?

Customer:

looks like it does ,

Customer:

but

Customer:

that is very high ammount

Customer:

thay blame driver for any accidents

Ben Jones :

whilst legally they may eb able to take the money off your wages because they have the contractual right to do so, they still have to justify the amount they are deducting if you challenge them over it. They cannot just pick a figure and take that from you, it must be a genuine sum that they have had to pay for the repair to the damage that has been done. So if you believe that the amount they are claiming is too high based on the accident, then you can make a formal request to be provided with details of how they arrived at that amount and show you bills, etc if needed to show that this was a reasonable and genuine amount

Customer:

so taht mean i can ask them for all paper work to show me from them insurance .That is very big company so i thought i will be charged just for some excess

Ben Jones :

Yes. If they used the insurance to pay for the damage then you should only have to pay for the actual losses, such as excess or other additional costs, but not for the full damage as that would have been covered by their insurance - basically they cannot make a profit out of this, it must be actual costs they have spent on the repairs

Customer:

so tomorrow i have meeting with my boss what about if he will tell me to pay all ammount or leave job if i will not like to do it

Customer:

i know that situation happen before

Ben Jones :

How long have you worked there for?

Customer:

1 year

Ben Jones :

unfortunately you are not protected against unfair dismissal so you could be given an ultimatum of either paying or being sacked - legally they can do this

Customer:

i have onemore question

Customer:

if they chrged me for that do they have to proof by blame and my fault

Customer:

my * sorry

Customer:

insurance should do some investigatin is it ?

Customer:

and decided who faut it was

Ben Jones :

No they do not need to decide whose fault it is, for example they can have a blanket policy that all drivers pay for the damage regardless of fault, then they would just make a claim from the insurance and they will not be looking at whose fault it was especially if it is unknown who the other party was

Customer:

ok thank you very much for yours help

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'