UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have signed a hire agreement for communication equipment

I have signed a hire agreement for communication equipment for my business 6 hrs ago. The deal to get the free gift had to be signed at the time of the meeting I was told, only a few hours later I find the small print to be less inviting. How do I stand, especially when one point says 'This agreement is not cancellable'. Tim XXXXXXX

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Where did you sign the agreement and how? are you a business?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I am a business owner and I signed this I front of the sales rep in my office.

I am afraid you are unable to terminate the agreement in that case unless the company agrees to the agreement being terminated, unless you were forced to enter it against your will, or you were misled into entering it eg the salesman said something which is different from the terms of the agreement.

I would suggest that you get in touch with them as soon a possible and discuss the fact that you wish to terminate the agreement on one of the above grounds if they apply, and if not, perhaps on payment of a fee to back out.

Hope this helps